Masterclass in Distributor and Channel Partner Sales – Blueprint for Driving Results
If you’re responsible for managing distributors and other indirect channels, you know just how challenging this can be. It’s NOT the same as direct sales.
Appreciate the difference and appreciate the different approach required. The result? You’ll maximize your bottom line, get more predictable results and free time to focus on more things that really make a difference.
Is this you?
- You’re a senior manager responsible for growing indirect sales in your company, but frustrated with the results.
- You’re tired of partners that start out excited but soon lose interest
- You’re working with partners that eat up your staff time and resource, but seem to produce nothing.
- You’re pretty sure revenue is being left on the table. You know sales opportunities are not maximised – they are lost, spoiled or even missed completely.
Working with distributors and other partners can expand your sales potential. Fact. But…
- The numbers are not adding up
- You and others are under pressure from the feeling of lack of control and the constant drain
- You throw more time, effort and resources at it, but the results still do not materialise.
- You must have the wrong partners… you think – if we could only find more GOOD ones, the results you expect would finally materialize.
- Dealing with these indirect sales channels is exhausting, frustrating, and discouraging.
Not a great place to be.
THIS could be you!
- Your indirect sales are growing by double-digits.
- You’re more in control.
- Your life is simpler as you put in less effort with much better results.
- You have less stress, and generate more time for other high-value activities.
- You finally have time to take that vacation you’ve been putting off.
You’re a hero!
How do I get there?
Finding and managing great partners who produce stellar growth starts with having the right philosophy for the job and operating in a way consistent with what works in this route to market.
The hard truth: Trying to apply approaches more suited to a direct sales team is very unlikely to maximise results from an indirect channel.
Selling through distributors IS DIFFERENT! By applying the right Mindset, and by aligning the right People, Processes and Package you can develop an approach that consistently produces better results.
Your journey to channel sales success
We know your time is precious – you’re pulled in too many directions. So, the solution needs to be something that works and can be implemented in simple bite-size steps.
We’ll teach you the formula for success with our proprietary Channel Excellence Model.
- it’s easy to follow,
- it’s practical
- it’s time-tested
- it’s provided proven results.
- It’s supported by the Performance Blueprint
We guarantee if you follow these steps, your channel sales will improve dramatically.
This course will help you understand what an effective channel programme looks like and how you as a sales leader can best support it. As well establishing Mission Clarity and Partnering Positivity we well help you prepare the elements of Channel Readiness.
Once these are in place, we promise your company will start to see the channel sales results you need and deserve as we’ll be giving you a step-by-step blueprint for getting there.
Fair warning: this model is not just about what your distributors should be doing differently. It’s not about just finding better distributors (although after this course, we know you will go about that differently).
It’s largely about what YOU and YOUR COMPANY need to be doing differently. It will require changes in
- how your think about your indirect sales channel
- how you find partners
- how you equip them to be effective extensions of your team
- how you manage them.
If you’re convinced that all you really need to do is find more distributors, or better distributors, don’t waste your time with this course.
If you’re happy settling with the unpredictable sales that come from your indirect channels, and you’re OK investing lots of time and resources in a bunch of distributors, most of whom won’t really perform, then by all means – carry on. Don’t let us slow you down.
But if you wonder if maybe – just maybe – there might be a better way, then this course IS for you.
In this course, we’ll cover:
- Why and how to define channels
- Why channel management is so different to direct sales
- The ‘traditional’ way to manage channels vs the right way
- What a great channel programme consists of and a framework to make this happen
- How it begins with right Mindset and adopting an ‘inside out’ approach
- Mission Clarity to drive operational alignment and improve conflict resolution
- Partnering Positivity to enhance The Partner Experience based on shared perspectives
- Building Channel Readiness around People, Process and Practice
- Why many of the behaviours and tendencies of successful sales people are often counterproductive and even destroy the value of your partnerships
- How to hire channel managers with the skills to turn your channel sales into a growth engine while reducing your support costs
- Aligning the rest of the organisation to assist ‘other’ sales activity
- Why a lack of essential partnering skills prevents companies from reaching their sales potential
- How processes can make or break the Partner Experience
- Why ‘tribal’ knowledge won’t work
- Defining procedures to improve joint control
- Supporting the partner through effective portals and other tech wins
- Minimum standard of collaboration and other ‘rules of engagement’
- Leaders support of Channel Managers in establishing partnership and managing the relationship
- What practical steps you can use to turn your entire channel support organization into a finely tuned growth machine delivering great partner experience as a happy, high-performance holistic team
What you’ll get:
A results-driven blended learning approach including
All designed to drive the outputs required for building channel excellence
Content has been created to be address the elements of the model in workable chunks that are supported with real life coaching and support by experienced consultants.
Over the last 40 years we have worked in over 75 countries with more than 400 companies in a wide range of verticals, with a variety of brand owners, distributors, resellers, wholesalers, dealers and representatives to assist in developing a consistent and robust approach to partnering,
Channel excellence has been taught to more than 60,000 students. Along the way, we’ve learned from the best, and learned what works and what doesn’t.
We have undertaken work in a variety of sectors including IT, food and beverage, industrial and medical, operating at all levels of the organisation.
We are so confident in our approach we back our success in driving results for our customers.
The $2,500,00 question (and the 10:1 ROI one)
Do you want to increase your indirect sales buy $2.5m?
Is a 10:1 ROI enough for you?
- Consider a sales increase of $2,500,000
- At 10% margin this gives $250,000
- For an investment of $25,000… the cost of the course
- Which equals 10:1 ROI
But there is more….
The 50% offset payment
We are so confident that the Channel Excellence Model and Performance Blueprint will deliver results…
… we will only charge 50% the fee upfront
… and wait until you have achieved the outcome promised before asking for the second payment. That is:
$12,500 to start the journey
$12,500 when you have generated profits to pay this by a factor or 20! (Not to mention having implemented a system that will drive success on an ongoing basis)
Would you achieve this with 10 days ‘tactical’ training? (The equivalent investment most companies would charge… without expenses)
So what next?