Managing International Distributor and Channel Partner Sales
If you’re responsible for managing international distributors and other indirect sales, you know just how challenging this can be. It’s even more challenging than finding and managing them domestically.
But you’re still under pressure to deliver results and grow sales. If you’d like more sales, with less hassle, then this cost-effective, time-tested program might be for you.
Is this you? You are successful, but
- More than 50% of your international distributors are missing their numbers or not meeting expectations
- You have distributors that start out excited but soon lose interest
- You have lots of distributors that eat up your time and resource, but seem to produce nothing
- You have distributors that drive you and the rest of your organization crazy with last-minute crises, endless special requests, and new issues that keep cropping up
- You’re frustrated because YOU understand where your distributors are coming from, but your organization seems tone-deaf and not really on board, leaving you wondering how in the world you’re supposed to make your numbers without any real support
- You’re under constant pressure to deliver more sales growth, but should you terminate some of your distributors and find new ones, find distributors in more markets, or something else?
If so, our Advanced International Distribution Sales Program might be just what you need. This could be you:
- Your international distributor sales are growing by double-digits.
- International distributor sales is a strategic growth engine for your company.
- You’re more in control.
- Your life is simpler as you put in less effort with much better results.
- You have less stress, and generate more time for other high-value activities.
- Your chances of getting recognized and promoted will skyrocket because of your sales results and because of the impressive skillset you’ve demonstrated to deliver those numbers
- You finally have time to take that vacation you’ve been putting off.
In short, you’re a hero!
How do I get there?
Finding and managing great partners around the globe who produce stellar growth starts with having the right philosophy for the job and using time-tested channel management concepts and tools.
Most international distribution managers do not come from a traditional channel management background (and even those folks often have significant gaps in their training).
And while most international managers intuitively understand the importance of partnering with distributors, it’s really difficult to be successful without the full support of everyone in your company that helps support those partners.
By using our proprietary Distributor Management Model, we’ll guide you along the way and help you tailor that approach so that you consistently produce more sales from your distributor network, with less stress, and with better support from your extended distributor support team.
We didn’t create this model by ourselves – we’re not that smart. Instead, we were taught by the best in the business – through teaching channel management to more than 60,000 students and by working with more than 400 companies. Each one taught us their best practices and we learned what worked and what didn’t.
So, we KNOW that this model will work for you, too, if you put in the effort and work together with us to implement the ideas, piece by piece.
How do we do this? Overview
We know your time is precious – you’re already pulled in too many directions. So, we designed the program in simple, bite-size chunks. We give you short, results-focused online modules.
But this is NOT an online course.
We supplement the module with exercises that will be your new building blocks, and we provide plenty of personalized feedback, mentoring, and – yes – hand-holding and accountability – to help make sure you get the results and that the things you do are exactly tailored for your industry and your situation.
So, we know you’re already ridiculously busy, and besides, we also know lots of people who take online courses never finish them. Our approach is what we call a learning journey – yes, some video course modules, but also:
- Plenty of time-tested tools, and detailed explanations of how best to use them
- Exercises with personalized feedback
- Participation in bi-monthly coaching calls where we help YOU with your individual challenges and you can hear how others are dealing with similar challenges
- One-on-one coaching
- A group forum where you can share ideas and issues with your peers (who are often a great source of information and inspiration)
Fair warning: this is not just about what your distributors should be doing differently. It’s not about just finding better distributors (although after this course, we know you will go about that differently).
It’s largely about what YOU and YOUR COMPANY need to be doing differently. It will require changes in
- how not only you but your company’s entire supporting cast approach your indirect sales channel
- how you consistently find solid partners
- how you equip them to be effective extensions of your team
- how you manage them and ensure they consistently deliver great results.
If you’re convinced that all you really need to do is find more distributors, or better distributors, don’t waste your time with this course.
If you’re happy settling with the unpredictable sales that come from your international distributors, and you’re OK investing lots of time and resources in a bunch of them, even though most won’t really perform, then by all means – carry on. Don’t let us slow you down.
But if you wonder if maybe – just maybe – there might be a better way, then this course IS for you.
In this program, we’ll cover:
How to Make Your Company a Better Partner – Why Distributor Management is Essentially About Partnering – What’s a Partnership, Anyway? – Why You Need Partnering Skills – Introduction to the PQ (Partnering Intelligence) Assessment: How to Measure Your Partnering Skills and Partnering Style – The 6 Measurable Attributes of Effective Partnering – The Consistent Traits of an Effective Partnership
Mission Clarity – Considering Why You Need to Distribute Internationally – Establishing Solid Objectives – Designing a Strategy for Success – Developing Tactics That Will Work – Using Metrics to Monitor Progress
Operational Alignment – Looking IN and OUT – What is Distribution Readiness and Why is it So Important? – The Pillars of Distribution Readiness (Product, People, Process, Package, Promise) – Mapping the Partner Experience – Creating a Distributor Charter – Using the Partnership Canvas – Creating a Compelling Partner Value Proposition – Designing a Recruitment Package
Business Development – Essential Activities to Grow Sales – The Importance of a Structured Approach – Driving Results Through Others
Planning – Setting Market Goals – Defining a Country Strategy – Tactical Aspects of Local Sales Activity – Building the Management Matrix
Recruiting – Recruiting vs. Signing Up Partners – Why You Need a Recruiting Process – Profiling your Ideal Partners – How to Develop Your Very Own Recruiting Scorecard – How to Find and Efficiently ‘Vet’ Potential Partners – Introducing the Business Plan
Onboarding – Why Onboarding is ‘Make or Break’ With a New Partner – Why Effective Onboarding is Much More Than Product Training – How to Shift Costs to the Distributor Effectively – Why ‘Tribal Knowledge’ Doesn’t Work With Distributors – What a Good Onboarding Program Might Look Like
Management – Adding ‘EXTRA’ to the Relationship – Using the Management Matrix – Refining Your Business Plan & Ensuring Accountability – Great Communication Strategies & Best Practices – Finessing Legacy Partners – Rehabilitating Underperformers – Managing Conflict Effectively
Your Action Plan – Now v Future – Actions – Biggest impacts – Way Ahead
What you’ll get:
A results-driven blended learning journey, including
All designed to drive the outputs required for driving international sales results through distributors.
Content has been created to be address the elements of the model in workable chunks that are supported with real life coaching and support by experienced consultants.
Your coaching team (along with a variety of guest instructors) are some of the most experienced people in the business. Over the last 40 years we have worked in over 75 countries with more than 400 companies in a wide range of industry verticals, operating at all levels of the organization.
Channel excellence has been taught to more than 60,000 students. Along the way, we’ve learned from the best, and learned what works and what doesn’t.
We are so confident in our approach we back our success in driving results for our customers that we offer a money-back guarantee.
So what next?