…aka The List of Things You Won’t See on The Apprentice.
Lord Sugar’s reality TV show recruitment jamboree (or should that be publicity fest?) is up and running again. Great! Whatever it is, it is usually good fun, and what we can pretty much guarantee is that we will witness the lack of a number of behaviours associated with business success – that’s the best part of it all.
So with 7 seemingly being the magic number for winning in business and life, here goes with a list of things that would help the wannabes:
- Planning – just a little time spent thinking about what to do and the best way to do it would make so much better use of all that energy and passion
- Listening – about what to do and who’s doing what. Indeed to other people’s ideas that more may be more effective
- Ego control – or perhaps ‘humility’. Accepting other’s points of view and not being afraid to back down for the better good
- Allocation of resources – some people are better at some things than others. Play to strengths
- Honesty/Integrity – not usually a major show shopper, but when a lack of it surfaces it is usually quite cringe-worthy
- EQ – emotional intelligence, empathy, general being able to sense and have a regard for others feelings. And of course one’s own!
- Business acumen – sometimes actions are just plain daft and there will be no surprise when a solution is put forward for a problem that does not exist
I’m sure we can identify more and I will be watching avidly compiling my checklist of learning points – after all I don’t want, or want the people we work with to hear the infamous words ‘I’m out’…. oh that’s the other one!!
If you want to discuss these or any other elements that can improve performance and drive success in business contact brindis, we would be more than happy to be hired by you.