Sales is easy, you only need
- commercial judgement
- product/technical knowledge
- time management
- planning, budgeting and forecasting
- reporting and administration
- communication skills
- delegation skills
- IT/equipment skills
- meeting expectations, deadlines and commitments
- problem-solving and decision-making
- team-working and developing/helping others
- energy, determination and work-rate
- steadiness under pressure
- leadership and integrity
- adaptability, flexibility, and mobility
- personal appearance and image
- appreciation and application of social responsibility, sustainability, and ethical considerations
- understanding of social media
So why bother with training?!
Indeed, there are probably more elements that would also easily make the list so as either a practitioner (Executive, KAM, BDM etc) or leader (Sales Manager, VP Sales, Sales Director etc) how can you expect to be fully competent without regularly ‘sharpening the saw’.
So come on, be realistic, take personal development seriously and invest in being the best.