In the modern selling environment we can assume that a customers needs and wants are understood and can be satisfied, otherwise do not pass GO and do not expect to collect any £, $ ,€, ¥.
Research is showing that customers are further along their buying process than ever before and are looking for salespeople that can add value by, well, adding value.
So what can a salesperson do to add value, how can they grant the customer their ‘WISH’?
Here are some ideas:
- Interpreting what has happened
- Predicting what will happen
- Applied experience
- Deep understanding
- Balance of logical and emotional arguments
- Knowledge we don’t have
- Solid research
- Consumer/customer data
- Trend information
- Awareness of pressures and concerns
- Elegance of solutions
- Clarity of communication
- Economy of effort, cost, thinking
- Helping the customer to ‘sell on’
- An outsider’s unbiased perspective
- Transparency of interest and cost
- Balance in advice
- Courage to give tough messages
So go ahead, become a ‘sales genie’ and start granting customer’s their wishes.
brindis can help with this and other elements of Value Based Selling… to find out how get in touch